Headquartered in Canada for over 20 years, Avnan provides concierge level custom electronic sourcing solutions to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. We work on a wide assortment of customized electronic and electromechanical assemblies in a variety of industries, including consumer appliances, and we specialize at finding creative ways to reduce supply chain complexity. Our team of professionals in Sales, Engineering and Supply Chain and Logistics collaborate in a positive, transparent atmosphere that emphasizes continuous improvement.
We are seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join our Supply Chain (SC) department.
Reporting to our VP, Operations, the Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing and managing the execution of supply chain strategies to ensure the department achieves company objectives.
The Supply Chain Manager will manage a team of three Account Support/Supply Chain Specialists, with a portion of their time handling a portfolio of customers.
The Supply Chain Manager will provide direction, coaching and performance planning to the Account Support/Supply Chain team including activities that support business growth, controlling costs, managing and controlling inventory, reducing order to shipment cycle time and continuous improvement.
In addition to Supply Chain strategies and execution, the Supply Chain Manager will work directly with customers, overseas and local manufacturers to fulfill business needs. The incumbent will also strategize solutions to adapt to market changes and trends, ensuring Avnan’s Supply Chain function continuously delivers an excellent customer experience.
In this role, the incumbent will be tasked with:
- Supervise Supply Chain team in Canada & China
- Manage, train, coach, and assist team in the execution of their individual responsibilities
- Set and measure individual and department performance through KPIs that are aligned with company goals
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement, driving initiatives and developing process
- Analyze requirements and team capabilities, identify gaps in resource requirements and work with HR to ensure the “right people are in the right seats”
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Set an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and work habits
- Create and manage annual department budget
- Identify resource requirements (personnel, training, and supplies) and gain approval for budget
On Time Delivery
Prime contact with the factories, own on time to delivery / customer commit dates
Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
Closely co-ordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply/factories and or logistics
Forecast and Inventory
- Interact with sales, customers and finance to understand demand forecast drivers
- Review historical sales trends, understand the product, prepare forecast data
- Analyze data to identify problematic areas and suggest improvements
- Discover the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules
- Inventory – review component and finish goods inventory levels and adjust to match current demand
- Develop inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
System & Data accuracy
- Finish Goods P.O. – create, maintain accuracy, verify supplier invoice and receipt entry
- Jobs – create, maintain accuracy, verify supplier invoice/ inventory consumption and receipt entry
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects that reduce cost, improve performance and/or delight customers
- Track KPIs and report on supply chain’s performance, and work towards continues improvements of the KPIs
To be considered for this role you possess the following:
Post-secondary education in Supply Chain, Material Management or Logistics is preferred
Minimum 5 years’ experience in Forecast, Planning, Purchasing, Inventory Control or other Supply Chain roles
Minimum of 2 years’ people management experience
Proficient in Supply Chain concepts, APICS certification is an asset
Lean/Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement or equivalent experience
Experience working in electronics manufacturing, EMS, ODM or OEM is an asset
Working knowledge of ERP system functionality is required. Experience with Epicor is an asset
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Excel)
Mandarin speaking language skills is an asset
This role will require some travel, and after hours contact with overseas suppliers
To apply for this exciting opportunity, send your resume quoting the job title to the email quoted within.
Please note while we thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Avnan will provide accommodations on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact our HR department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.