Avnan Electro Inc. – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Policy
Avnan Electro Inc. is committed to meeting its current and ongoing obligations under the standards for providing services to people with disabilities. This policy is guided by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, 429/07 and the Ontario Human Rights Code respecting non-discrimination.
In fulfilling our mission, Avnan Electro Inc. strives at all times to provide its services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other clients.
“Assistive devices” shall mean an auxiliary aid such as communication aids, cognition aids, personal mobility aids and medical aids (i.e. canes, crutches, wheelchairs, or hearing aids).
“Persons with Disabilities” shall mean those individuals who have a disability. “Disability” as defined under the Ontario Human Rights Code is:
- any degree of physical disability, infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defect or illness and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, includes diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, a brain injury, any degree of paralysis, amputation, lack of physical co-ordination, blindness or visual impediment, deafness or hearing impediment, muteness or speech impediment, or physical reliance on a guide dog or other animal or on a wheelchair or other remedial appliance or device
- a condition of mental impairment or a developmental disability
- a learning disability, or a dysfunction in one or more of the processes involved in understanding or using symbols or spoken language
- a mental disorder
- an injury or disability for which benefits were claimed or received under the insurance plan established under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997; (“handicap”)
“Service Animals” shall mean any animal individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of a person with a disability.
“Support persons” shall mean any person whether a paid professional, volunteer, family member, or friend who accompanies a person with a disability in order to help with communications, personal care or medical needs or with access to products or services.
Avnan Electro Inc. is committed to training staff on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on accessibility aspects of the Human Rights Code that apply to persons with disabilities. Training will be provided to all employees in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members. Training will also be provided to new employees and volunteers as soon as practicable. Revised training will be provided in the event of changes to legislation, procedures, policies/practices.
Training will include:
- how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- how to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- how to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities.
- what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Avnan Electro Inc.’s goods, services or facilities
- staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service policies
Information and Communication
Avnan Electro Inc. is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. When asked, we will provide information and communications materials in accessible formats or with communication supports. Avnan Electro Inc. will also consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Avnan Electro Inc. will accommodate disabilities during our recruitment, assessment and hiring processes. If needed, we will provide customized workplace emergency information to employees who have a disability. We will take into account the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities during our performance management process.
Persons with disabilities may use their own assistive devices as required when accessing goods or services provided by Avnan Electro Inc.
In cases where the assistive device presents a safety concern or where accessibility might be an issue, other reasonable measures will be used to ensure the access of goods and services. Where elevators are not present and an individual requires assistive devices for the purposes of mobility, Avnan Electro Inc. will ensure service is provided in a location that meets the needs of the customer.
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties. The service animal must be in the care of the person with a disability or their support person at all times.
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter the parts of our premises that are open to the public with his or her support person.
Avnan Electro Inc. welcomes feedback on how we can provide accessible customer service. Customer feedback will help us identify barriers and respond to concerns.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Avnan Electro Inc. provides goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following way(s):
By email feedback to:
Senior Human Resources Generalist
905-820-9595 ext 247
2590 Sheridan Garden Drive, Unit 2
Oakville, ON L6J 7R2
By telephone at 905-820-9595
In person, or by mail, at 2590 Sheridan Garden Drive, Unit 2, Oakville, ON L6J 7R2
Avnan Electro Inc. will make sure our feedback process is accessible to people with disabilities by providing or arranging for accessible formats and communication supports, on request.
Customers who provide formal feedback will receive acknowledgement of their feedback, along with any resulting actions based on concerns or complaints that were submitted.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Avnan Electro Inc. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.