Electrical/Electronics Design Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Electrical/Electronics Design Engineer to join our growing Engineering team.
In this role you will design and test electrical/electronic controls for residential appliances. You will work closely with other engineers and technicians to ensure that designs are reliable and meet customer requirements.
Avnan has been a leading global supplier of electrical components to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) for more than 20 years. Since our beginning as a supplier of HVAC and central vacuum components, we’ve steadily extended our capabilities to meet our clients’ needs. We work on a wide assortment of customized electronic and electromechanical assemblies in a variety of industries, including consumer appliances, and we specialize at finding creative ways to reduce supply chain complexity.
Our team of professionals in Engineering, Sales and Supply Chain collaborate in a positive, transparent atmosphere that emphasizes growth and continuous improvement.
In this role, you will be tasked to:
• Perform electrical/electronic circuit design and analysis
• Release and control engineering documents
• Maintain and improve product quality by establishing working relationships with our manufacturers
• Provide technical support to factories for new product launches
• Implement RMA analysis for Quality department
• Work with Safety Approval agencies (UL/CSA TUV EMC ETL etc.) to obtain listings for our products
• Communicate clearly with staff in Canada and China to maintain efficient teamwork
• Provide technical support for internal customers including Sales, Purchasing and external customers
• Work on concept designs for new opportunities
• Work on analog and digital circuit, schematic and BOM designs
• Create software flowchart for programmers
• Provide technical supervision to team members in China
• PCB layout using Protel and Assembly drawing using AutoCAD
• Circuit simulation using OrCAD
• Create/Release engineering document for new products
• Build and test product prototypes and samples as per BOM, and Gerbers etc.
• Inspect and test samples and prototypes as required
• RMA Analysis, find out root causes and help factories improve quality
• Software design in assembly language (as needed)
To be successful in this role, you possess:
• Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical/electronic engineering design
• Experience in technical report writing and drawing
Machine, equipment and/or tool operation:
• Schematic, PCB layout and design
• Draft Assembly Drawing
• Circuit simulation
• Multimeter, Oscilloscope, Power analyzer, Thermo-tester, MPLAB developer and etc.
• Use of hand and power tools to make prototypes.
• AutoCAD, Protel, OrCAD-PSpice
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Creative and logical thinking, with the ability to design
• Must be technically sound in both electrical/mechanical parts
• Ability to follow procedures and maintain proper documentation
Our ideal candidate also has the following qualities:
• Accountability: Takes personal responsibility for projects
• Strategic: Is able to see the big picture and do what’s right for Avnan’s future, as well as present
• Persistence: Persists and does not give up on beliefs
• Team-Oriented: Works well with a team (both internal and external)
• Creates simple, elegant solutions and finds ways to add value
• Is committed to continuous improvement
To apply for this exciting opportunity, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Avnan will provide accommodations on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact our HR department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.